Now Registering for the 2017-18 School Year
We are excited to announce that we are now offering early registration for the upcoming school year. Early registration began on March 6, 2017 and will end on April 28, 2017. We encourage all parents to register their child during these dates. This allows us to better plan for the 2017-18 school year. In addition, it helps you avoid the long lines and stress of registration during the summer.
We are registering for both Martin Luther King College Preparatory Academy and Humes Preparatory Academy (Middle School).
Below, we have included information to answer any questions you may have about the process.
When can I come in to register?
Parents are encouraged to register during designated registration nights.
When are registration nights?
Registration nights will be held, every Tuesday and Thursday from 4pm-6pm in the MLK Café beginning March 21 and ending on April 28.
If I can’t come in during a registration night, can I come in at another time?
Yes. Parents can come in at any time to register. However, we encourage them to come during registration nights.
What do I need to bring in to register?
- Two current proofs of residency
- Birth certificate
- Complete TN Immunization Record
What documents can be used as proof of residency?
- Utility Bill (within last 60 days)
- Vehicle insurance or registration (within last 60 days)
- Payroll check or proof of public assistance (within last 60 days)
- Housing/rental contract, lease agreement, mortgage statement, property tax (within last year)
- Homeowner’s or renter’s insurance (within last year)
- Health insurance or health card (within last year)
- Driver’s license, State of TN ID (not expired)
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 901.567.9224