To be hired, leaders and teachers will demonstrate alignment with our mission and a belief that all students, regardless of skill-level or circumstance, can achieve at the highest levels; they will have a strong track record of student performance and growth; they will have command of their subject matter; they will be team players with exacting standards; and they will have strong people skills and the talent to build relationships with students and their families. All teachers will possess appropriate degrees and certifications. Finally, we want teachers that are coachable and receptive to feedback, given the shift towards common core standards.
To be a Team member, we think that it takes:
- A strong belief in the ability of our kids to achieve at the highest levels.
- A desire to get better. Everyone in our campus is committed to advancing and refining their practice so that we are better able to serve our students, and we also grow professionally in the process.
- A team player. A mission as ambitious as ours requires that everyone work together very closely and builds on each other’s success. That can’t happen without strong collaboration, communication and trust.
We will first seek to identify and hire high performing teachers who are already teaching in Frayser We also value a demonstrated track record of success working with similar student populations, a focus on results, a strong work ethic, a sense of urgency, openness to feedback, a “whatever-it-takes” attitude and a sense of humor.
In return, we offer Team members:
- Leadership. An experienced educator and administrator who has both the instructional depth and the management experience to lead a strong team to outstanding results
- Growth. Each person on our team pushes themself and gets pushed to grow in a way that is professionally invigorating in an environment that is supportive and nurturing.
- Impact. As a transformational school, there’s an incredible opportunity to leave your personal imprint in the lives of students and the Frayser community
- Opportunity. We are eventually looking to grow into several schools and will look first for our leadership from within.
- Fun. A workplace where everyone loves what they do and has fun working together to make an incredible difference in the lives of our students.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
- Frayser Community Schools is a growing organization where talented individuals make significant contributions to closing the achievement gap. We are committed to hiring a diverse staff and encourage those from traditionally under-represented backgrounds to apply. Frayser Community Schools is particularly committed to hiring and developing individuals whose racial or economic backgrounds are reflective of the students that we serve.