February 8, 2021
March 9, 2020
Dear Parents and Families,
We are writing to make you aware of a recent case of Coronavirus reported in Shelby County. Student safety is our top priority; and while the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has stated that the immediate risk of this new virus is currently low, we are still monitoring the situation closely.
Frayser Community Schools will be in close communication with the Shelby County Health Department and The Achievement School District regarding guidance for our schools related to this issue. We will be sure to keep you updated as new information is presented.
In the meantime, we will continue to follow best practices with respect to health and safety. We will be ensuring that classrooms are cleaned frequently and thoroughly as we do during flu season. Ways you can take precautionary measures include the following:
- Wash hands often with soap and water. If no soap and water is available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Use a tissue when you cough or sneeze, and then immediately throw it in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Do not eat or drink after someone else.
- Refrain from permitting your cell phoneto come into contact with your face and disinfect your phone frequently.
- Stay home or keep your children home when sick, especially if a fever is present. Before returning to school,students should be fever free without the use of fever-reducing medication for at least 24 hours.
If you or your child experience any flu-like symptoms, such as severe cough, fever, dehydration, or difficulty breathing, please contact your health care provider immediately. Also, please notify your school of any significant diagnoses made by your doctor.
We will be sure to update you with any additional information as it is presented to us. If you have any questions, please reach out to your school’s principal.
For additional information about the Coronavirus, visit the Center for Disease Control webpage (cdc.gov/coronavirus).